Thursday, November 15, 2012




Enough cakes for now. My sister brandy used to reupholster furniture . She was agian very good ! I have never reupholstered any thing. I made slip covers once for couch cushions. Not the same. I would love to try reupholstering a larg L shape sectional,mabe with a table built into the L corner. BUT, untill I find one , i'll have to make do . This is a project I did not long ago. This is an old student desk ( litterally , left be hind when the students graduated. I knew when I saw the desk it would make a nice island. I had muy husband (Chuck ) remove the top and turn it around ( I wanted the rounded end on the same end as the 3 drawers). The rest was a black walnut paint job and crome cased black rollers ( to raise the heightand make it eazy to move) . To the key board pull out, I added a peice of trim and some deviding slats of wood, This space now holds all my boxes of baggies. Out of sight is always good. Then a wooden top and wooden planks on back for pots and racks and TaDa ! I added 3 deep drawers , and pull out storage for all my baggies and food wraps, pot and pans and rack storage and counter work space for very little money.Now my trash can sits at one end (out of site) I don't like looking at a trash can . And I will be adding a paper towel holder to the other end. A project like this can really free up your kitchen work space, and it's easy to do. Best of all you get to coustomize to your decor,a one of a kind ,low cost ,Green project. I'v already had my son ( rock) bring me another project sort-a like mine, to do for hem. I'll take befor and after pic's and share them. Thats all for now, we'll chat agian soon.
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment