Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Fodder

So , we wanted to try feeding our chickens and rabbits fodder to cut the cost of store bought feed and keep it fresh.

 My husband made me this simple cart and I just purchased baskets from the dollar store.
 I drilled holes for drainage.

 I started with a little bag each of, barley, alfalfa and oats $16.00 for all.
 
 soaked the seeds over night and changed the water until water ran clean and clear.
Spread the seeds out in the baskets and watered from top , the drip system took care of the rest. All I had to do was wait and make sure they don't dry out. So, to make a long story short. Every day you start a new batch and that way everyday you have some ready to harvest . Takes 7 days to harvest. Some grew better than others. I stuck with the barley. You get the most out of it and it's the fastest growing of the 3. Chickens and rabbits both like it .T.
 Micro greens

No comments:

Post a Comment