Sunday, February 24, 2013

Laundry room / small space storage solutions

Our small laundry room has a huge storage shortage problem, as you can see.
I have been trying to pack so much in one lonely cabinet, for so long, that It has come to the point that if I don't retire this cabinet. This cabinet will be retiring it's self, right on to my folding space below. It is coming apart from all the weight.
Not wanting to go out and spend $ I decided to see what we had around the house and garage. My husband and I came up with a solution . A very simple solution. And as always looks good and cheap and easy to do. This is what we used. You will need to determine how much plywood you will need according to your size of storage needed. I will tell you this , our cubical sizes are 12x8's. Read on to see how they came out.




This is my husband , Chuck taking measurements.
Cut ,sanded and painted pieces.
4 boards (tall) for up and down, and 4 short for across.
This is the project installed.
Wow , just look at all the storage we have gained. And it looks so clean and uncluttered. We are considering doing a whole wall in our bedroom. Just think of all the stuff I could get organized. Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment