Saturday, March 30, 2013

Make your own rugs from carpet.

Hello again ! I just recently went to a grade opening of a Re-Store , habitat for humanity. While I was there I spotted 2 pieces of carpet, left over from a new install for a home. We got the 2 pieces of carpet and a folding table for $32.00. WHAT A BARGAIN !!! I've been wanting new rugs, but not wanting to pay the price. I couldn't believe the prices when I went looking ! So, I decided to try making my own... I got 7 rugs out of my two carpet remnants and I was lucky enough to find 100% cotton cording at Hobby Lobby for 99 Cents a yard. I bought it all. $10.24 was the cost of the cording. So , I have $32.00 - $ 8.00 for the table add $ 10.24, I have $34.24 invested in my rugs and it took me 2 nights of 5 hrs each. Check them out.. They turned out nice..... and I have enough left over to make a cat box/scratch post ( another time ). Have a look see .
tools also included a razor knife and plenty of blades.


 I gathered the rugs so you can see them all.
 
ANY size YOU need.
Two tone rug is a scrap piece I added the corners I cut off too. 
I was pleased.
just look at all the rugs...
use cardboard under carpet pieces to perfect your floor.
I got more rugs than I could have afforded  for less... I WILL BE MAKING MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment