Friday, September 20, 2013

Still Gardening

The garden is still growing strong. Today I picked green beans ,tomatoes , peppers and basil.
I made salsa for the first time. Oh , and corn cob jelly for the first time. The jelly taste like a cold crisp green apple. It is very good. I've made refrigerator pickles and of course cucumbers, tomatoes and onions in vinegar and sugar.  I am happy to report all the potatoes did just fine. Although I beleave  I'll plant them in the bed next year . We eat a lot of potatoes and the bag method works well , but , it wont give us as much as we would like in a season. I am blanching tomatoes today to freeze.
 drying basil, and stuffing peppers to freeze.  Carrots are still doing great also onions.
 Winter Squash is coming on now and water melon's are getting larger, cantaloupes are still growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment