Friday, April 18, 2014

CHICKIE MOMMA !

Well its official !   I am a chickie momma!
I received my 27 chicks right on time. "I ordered 25" However they did not come from welp poultry as ordered. They would not ship them together. And they said I would have to pay for shipping twice. So ,I ordered from McMurray's Hatchery.  So glad I did. I have 25 still living, 2 did not make it .I don't think I had heat up enough at first. They would have replaced them if I wanted, but they also sent me 2 FREE, so I m ok with that. They always send every one extra so they can share with some one else. That's nice. These chicks are very hardy. I have had them outside already and temp is down to 77 in the baby pool I am Keeping them in already, and they are doing just fine. every time we uncover it they are jumping out ALL OVER the place.  They are soooooo cute ! We are now scrambling to get the coop completed. Also working on adding more beds to the garden. Here are some pics of the little ones.                                                                                The dogs wanted to see.
                                                                                                                           Does not look like 27 chicks , but trust me. There are.
                                                                                                                           Just look at that face!
                                                                                                                           A little rooster
                                                                                                                            They will be so beautiful.
 A face only a mother could love...
 look at those freckles.
Cute.
 Enjoying the great out doors.
 They took right to the yard.                                     Below. Chuck rounding up the troops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment