Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Shopping the Discount Grocery Outlet

Well I had stumbled across this store and decided to go in and see just what it was they were calling a discount grocery store outlet. Turns out it is owned and operated by the Amish and it is stocked with foods from trucks that for what ever reasons won't be able to reach there destination. The owners of the store had contracted with the insurance company and they are called if a truck breaks down and they go retrieve the contents so the truck can be towed for repairs. Any way this is what I bought, A salt cured ham that weighed at least 25 lbs. I looked up the maker when I got home and called them to ask how to cook a salt cured ham. They where very helpful and explained that the hams are special ordered and come out of Tennessee , and that the ham I was referring to was at least $89.00 salt cured ham. I was delicious, I even canned some. Cost of ham $ 19.99.


 we bought summer sausages for $1.29 each and pkgs of Mrs. fields cookies (6 pk) .50 cents pk.

Now , you can't expect to be able to do your every day grocery here. How ever , you can expect to be surprised with a gook deal or two. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment